LE ANH HUNG:OPEN LETTER TO MINISTER OF PUBLIC SECURITY TRAN DAI QUANG AND NA MEMBER DUONG TRUNG QUOC
[themify_box style=”lavender question rounded ” ]At about 10:15 am, Le Thi Phuong Anh and Do Nam Trung were stopped by a group of public security police (both in green and yellow uniforms) near AMATA industrial zone in Bien Hoa city. They asked Le Thi Phuong Anh to erase all the photos that she had taken along the road that morning. Then, they took Le Thi Phuong Anh and Do Nam Trung in custody.[/themify_box]
CTNLT | 22 May 2014
Dear Mr. Tran Dai Quang, and Mr. Duong Trung Quoc,
First of all, please accept my respectful greetings.
As you know, I and my spouse (Le Anh Hung & Le Thi Phuong Anh) have followed our accusations against Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai, Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and the (former) Secretary General Nong Duc Manh from 2008 to present.
We have sent messages— 73 times— through the Internet to the relevant authorities of the State and its official press agencies in the country. In addition, we have also directly sent hard-copy letters or worked directly with the security police in Quang Tri, the security police in Hanoi and the A67 Department of the Ministry of Public Security on the accusations. However, all of these actions were either dealt with unlawfully or fell silent in an inexplicable, confusing way.
In particular, on 6.6.2012, I sent a written letter directly to Mr. Duong Trung Quoc, a member of the National Assembly. On 19.6.2012, Mr. Duong Trung Quoc forwarded my denouncing letter to Chairman of the National Assembly Nguyen Sinh Hung. He also let me know that he had informed the Minister of the Security Police, regarding this matter.
After many prompts for answers and follow-ups, on 18.7.2013, which is more than 1 year later since receiving the letter, Mr. Duong Trung Quoc, gave me an official letter from the Ministry of Security Police, which is so fragmented and impossible to understand, in which they repeated the “conclusion” of Quang Tri security police investigation on 28.4.2010, stating that “Le Anh Hung is suffering from schizophrenia”. At the same time, they ignored the warranted hand-written letter dated 11.3.2011, from my wife, Le Thi Phuong Anh, confirming that (in her words): [i] My husband, Le Hung, who is perfectly normal; when my husband was arrested on December 25, 2009, I had to lie that Hung had suffered from psychological disorder, because I was threatened and coerced; [ii] I completely agree with my husband’s accusations against Hoang Trung Hai, Nguyen Tan Dung, and Nong Duc Manh; [iii] Before, I belonged to Hoang Trung Hai’s drug trafficking trade; [iv] I witnessed these activities and provided information for my husband.
This way of handling and trying to resolve these very serious accusations has obviously trampled on the laws, and challenged public opinion immensely. Therefore, on 16.9.2013, we, again, sent another new denouncing letter to NA Member Duong Trung Quoc. This time, Le Thi Phuong Anh, who used to be an important link in the drug gang of Hoang Trung Hai, signed the letter.
However, since then, even though we have repeatedly urged Mr. Duong Trung Quoc and the Ministry of Public Security (the agency that Mr. Quoc forwarded the previous letter), they still haven’t replied us about the accusations.
The accusations regarding the top leaders, who have run and are running the nation are particularly severe. They should be handled in an earnest, quick, to the fullest way, and above all, according to the laws. But, through what has been going on, even the most naive people realize that there’s something very UNUSUAL here.
Now comes another story:
In the morning of 15.5.2014, Le Thi Phuong Anh, along with two friends, Pham Minh Vu and Do Nam Trung decided to take a reality-check trip in Dong Nai province.
At about 10:15 am, Le Thi Phuong Anh and Do Nam Trung were stopped by a group of public security police (both in green and yellow uniforms) near AMATA industrial zone in Bien Hoa city. They asked Le Thi Phuong Anh to erase all the photos that she had taken along the road that morning. Then, they took Le Thi Phuong Anh and Do Nam Trung in custody. I know this because from 10:17am to 10:24am, my wife had called me 3 times, and I had been able to call her once, before her phone was taken away and I lost contact with my wife at 10:24 am, from 15.5 to date. All these four phone calls have been recorded.
After several days searching for my wife everywhere in many offices of the Dong Nai Public Security Department, on 17.5.2014, we had an oral confirmation from Dong Nai Public Security detention camp (camp B5) that they have Le Thi Phuong Anh in custody. Since the arrests took place, it has been already 7 days, but the Dong Nai Public Security Department still haven’t provided for the detainees’ relatives any documents related to the arrests.
The arrests of Le Thi Phuong Anh and Pham Minh Vu and Do Nam Trung by Dong Nai police clearly are against the law for the following reasons:
- The place where these 3 were travelling on, is not a region with any curfew or any sign forbidding taking photographs, because it is a civilian area.
- Le Thi Phuong Anh and two of her friends never disrupted any public order or incited violent protests. She came from Quang Tri to Saigon on 14.5, and left Saigon for Dong Nai at around 8:15am on 15.5 (I have proof of this). This is the first time all these three came to Dong Nai; they are not familiar with roads, things, or had any connection with the workers here to “rouse” or “incite” them.
The fact that Le Thi Phuong Anh was arrested against the laws and the anomaly in the handling of this case of denouncement against Deputy PM Hoang Trung Hai, PM Nguyen Tan Dung and (former) Secretary General Nong Duc Manh surely prompt people to suspect that this is a revenge from those who have led and lead the country to silence the accusations.
Thus, through this letter, I respectfully suggest that Public Security Minister Tran Dai Quang:
- Order the Dong Nai Public Security Department to free immediately and unconditionally Le Thi Phuong Anh and her two friends;
- Request the Dong Nai Public Security Department to immediately provide family members of those being detained the following documents related to their arrests, according to the laws:(i) Decision to detain by the Dong Nai Public Security Department (or Bien Hoa Public Security Department, if arrests were made by Bien Hoa security police);(ii) Decision to approve detaining order from the Provincial People’s Procuracy of Dong Nai (or from Municipal People’s Procuracy of Bien Hoa);(iii) Decision to extend detainment by the Dong Nai Public Security Department (or Bien Hoa Public Security Department, if arrests were made by the Bien Hoa Public Security Department);
(iv) Decision to approve the extension of the detaining order from the Provincial People’s Procuracy of Dong Nai (or from Municipal People’s Procuracy of Bien Hoa), because, up to today 22.5.2014, these three have been detained for 7 days— if each decision to detain was for 3 days, then Dong Nai security police has to issue 1 detaining order and 2 orders to extend detainment.
- Order to form a special commission to investigate the case involving Le Thi Phuong Anh, who was an important link in the drug gang of Deputy PM Hoang Trung Hai, and now expose these men: Hoang Trung Hai, Nguyen Tan Dung, Nong Duc Manh of their crimes. Such grave and very serious crimes, which complicate these top leaders of our country, obviously are beyond the responsibility and ability of Dong Nai or Bien Hoa Public Security forces.
And may I suggest that NA Member Duong Trung Quoc :
- Request Dong Nai security police to release Le Thi Phuong and her two friends immediately, because:(i) Constituents of Dong Nai voted for you to represent them in Congress; as such you have an obligation to request the administrative organ here to function in accord with the laws;(ii) Le Thi Phuong Anh is the party who sent you the accusation letter almost a year ago; you have the responsibility to request the responsible organizations to protect the accusing citizen appropriately within the present laws.
- Request the Ministry of Public Security to form a special commission to investigate the case involving Le Thi Phuong Anh, who is now exposing the horrible, grave crimes of: Hoang Trung Hai, Nguyen Tan Dung, and Nong Duc Manh.
- Press hard and supervise the actions of the Dong Nai Public Security Department, the Ministry of Public Security, the People’s Procuracy of Dong Nai province, the Supreme People’s Procuracy to be certain that they are functioning properly and in accord with the law, regarding the accuser, Le Thi Phuong Anh.
I wish you health and the best to fulfill the responsibilities which the people and constituents have placed on you with trust and confidence.
Thank you very much for your help.
Le Anh Hung
Quang Tri, 22 May 2014
Facebooker bị truy tố theo Điều 331 vì “nói xấu” lãnh đạo Đảng
August 6, 2021
Thượng Nghị sĩ Cornyn yêu cầu Hoa Kỳ thúc đẩy nhân quyền Việt Nam
August 6, 2021
JOINT OPEN LETTER TO VICE PRESIDENT KAMALA D. HARRIS
August 5, 2021
THƯ KHÔNG NIÊM KÍNH GỞI PHÓ TỔNG THỐNG KAMALA D. HARRIS
August 5, 2021
Dân biểu Úc nêu trường hợp tù chính trị Châu Văn Khảm với Bộ trưởng Ngoại giao Úc
July 30, 2021
Mỹ quan ngại việc chính quyền Đăk Lăk sách nhiễu tín đồ Tin lành thiểu số
July 29, 2021
Prisoner of conscience Nguyen Hoang Nam: Vietnam’s police deploy trained dogs to suppress prisoners at Xuan Loc Prison camp
July 28, 2021
Tù nhân lương tâm Nguyễn Hoàng Nam: cảnh sát cho chó đàn áp tù nhân ở trại Xuân Lộc
July 28, 2021
Tuần tin Người Bảo vệ Nhân quyền, tuần thứ 29 từ ngày 19/7 đến 25/7/2021: Hai Facebooker bị kết án tù dài hạn vì viết và chia sẻ trên Facebook
July 27, 2021
Vietnam Human Rights Defenders’ Weekly Report for July 19-25, 2021: Two Facebookers Convicted of Anti-state Posts with Lengthy Imprisonments
July 27, 2021